This book has been designed to help dentists to establish and maintain information systems that are necessary for effective working. It will consider the context of dentists in the UK, USA and Canada. It tries to do at least six (almost!) impossible things:
- Talk about information in an interesting way.
- Show how information can actually be useful.
- Explain how to get you to love your computer.
- Make SNODENT Codes interesting.
- Help practices to share meaningful information.
- Make you smile while reading a book about information.
It includes references to incredibly unhip comedy series such as ‘The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ (such as why not round off this chapter by breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?). The book assumes that you the reader are based in, or work with, a dental practice. Each chapter includes exercises that generally require you to have access to a dental practice.